FULL-TIME YEARLY PROGRAM
At the Culkin School, we offer several options for classes during the course of the year. Our Full-Time Yearly Program starts in mid-September and goes through May/June. Beginner classes are offered at all of our locations once a week and are 45 minutes long. Registration for our Full-Time Yearly Program starts in late Spring/early Summer. If your dancer is interested in joining a more comprehensive, yearly dance program, this program is for you!
*REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN* for the 2016/2017 dance year! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
If your dancer is interested in Irish dancing but not sure about committing for an entire year, we have Spring Mini – Mesters that are between six and eight weeks long. Dancers learn basic movements during this period so that they can, if interested, move into a class in the Fall or join one of our summer camps.
For more information about our Mini-Mesters, just click here!
The Culkin School also offers a series of summer camps in Silver Spring and at Glen Echo Park. Our summer sessions start in July and are offered in one and/or two-week sessions through the first week of August. We offer camps for beginners and current Culkin dancers in both locations.
Registration for our Summer Camps at Glen Echo Park and Hughes UMC in Silver Spring is OPEN! You can find a full description for all of our Summer Camp offerings by clicking here!
If you are interested in trying Irish dance as an adult, the Culkin School has a comprehensive adult program at Glen Echo Park. Adults can sign up for four different sessions starting in September, December, February and April! You can begin at the start of any session. From Beginners to those who may have danced as children, there is an adult track for you! If you’re interested in joining our award winning Adult Program, just click here!
The Culkin School offers an award winning céilí (pronounced kaylee) program! Figures brings a team aspect to Irish dancing! Dances are performed in groups of two or more dancers and require a different skill set than solo dancing! Our teams have competed locally, regionally and internationally! If your dancer is interested in meeting other Culkin dancers and families as well as improving their basics, the figures program is for them! For more information about our figures program, CLICK HERE!
REGISTRATION POLICY Class sizes are limited, and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Classes must have 10 participants to be held. Once a dancer is signed up online for a class, they must pay a $100 fee to finalize their registration. This fee can be paid online by credit card, or an invoice can be printed and the check mailed to the school. PayPal is not used for tuition payments to the Culkin School. The $100 fee is non-refundable, but is applied towards the annual tuition (please scroll down for more details about tuition and refund information). For new students, registration includes one copy of the school practice CD, “One More Time.” CDs will be distributed on the first day of class. This CD is to help students practice at home.
TUITION POLICY FOR THE FULL-TIME YEARLY PROGRAM
- All class choices are subject to teacher approval
- Tuition for the year is based on the number of classes taken, as well as the number of students in the family
- The annual tuition covers regular classes from September 10, 2016 through June 8, 2017. Any dancer who attends classes into the month of January is responsible for the entire year tuition.
- Dancers (new and returning) can reserve their space in a class through September 10, 2016 for a non-refundable $100 registration fee (per dancer). This fee is applied to your tuition total.
The tuition payment schedule is as follows:
- Due at time of registration (or re-registration): $100
- Due September 15, 2016: $100
- Due October 15, 2016: $100
- Due November 1, 2016: $100
- Due December 1, 2016: $100
- Due January 1, 2017: $200
- Due February 1, 2017: $200 or balance total if less than $200
- Due March 1, 2017: $200 or balance total if less than $200
- Due April 1, 2017: TOTAL BALANCE OF TUITION DUE. All tuition MUST BE PAID BY APRIL 1, 2017.
- If dancer withdraws from class any time after January 1, 2017, the total tuition is due and non-refundable.
- There is a 20% discount for any additional children; family discounts do not apply to our adult program at Glen Echo Park nor for our mini-mester program.
- There is a discount for any Level 2-4 dancer who attends more than one step dancing class per week (excluding figures classes).
- For dancers at Levels 4 and up: if classes are missed you may not be able to attend a make-up session as there are limited classes offered at your level. Attendance at classes other than your level is at the invitation of the teacher only.
For All Classes:
- Registration and attendance at, or participation in, Culkin School classes and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the Culkin School’s use and distribution of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
- You must give permission for your child(ren) to participate in the Culkin School of Traditional Irish Dance classes, and acknowledge the potential risks of physical harm as a result of his/her participation. You must acknowledge that the Culkin School of Traditional Irish Dance is relying on your permission as to whether your child can participate in the dance class. If a medical emergency should arise in your absence during the dancer’s participation you must authorize a representative of the Culkin School of Traditional Irish Dance to consent to emergency medical treatment of your child on your behalf. By agreeing to these terms on behalf of the Dancer enrolled in the Culkin School of Traditional Irish Dance (the “School”), you must agree and understand that all participation in dance classes, recitals, performances, events and/or other activities (collectively the “Activities”) connected with the School shall be undertaken by your child at his/her sole risk and that the School, its owners, managers, staff and/or employees shall not be liable to you or your child for any claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, and/or causes of action whatsoever, to the person or property of you or your child arising out of or connected with the Activities of and facilities used by the School. Further, you, on your own behalf and on behalf of your child, do hereby expressly forever release and discharge the School from all claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, and/or causes of action whatsoever, and from all acts of active or passive negligence on the part of the School, its owners, managers, staff and/or employees arising out of or connected with the Activities of and facilities used by the School.
When a dancer (beginner or returning) registers for a class with the Culkin School, a non-refundable fee of $100 is due. This fee IS applied toward the tuition total. The next tuition payment of $100 is due September 15, 2016, and is non-refundable after September 20. The next tuition payment of $100 due is October 1; if a dancer attends classes on or after October 1, then this fee is non-refundable ($300 total paid by this point). The total tuition is due and non-refundable if any classes are taken after January 1, 2017.
Therefore, the refund schedule is:
- Initial $100 registration or re-registration payment: non-refundable
- After September 15, 2016: any tuition amount paid above $200
- After October 1, 2016: any tuition amount paid above $300
- After January 1, 2017: Total tuition is due and is non-refundable