Welcome to the Culkin School of Traditional Irish Dance Booster Club. Home to one of the biggest and friendliest groups of Irish dancers to be found!
If you are a Culkin dancer, family, friend or supporter of Irish dance, you are a member of CulkiNation.
We are a volunteer driven non-profit 501(c)(3). Our purpose is to assist the needs of the Culkin School of Traditional Irish Dance and to foster and generate enthusiasm for Irish culture and the art of Irish dance in the community.
Like our dance school, the booster club promotes enrichment opportunities for all our dancers and families, whether our dancers prefer learning the art of dance, or coupling that with performing and/or competing. All paths are valued.
- Raise funds for projects that provide enrichment for students and faculty
- Provide a forum to meet families within the school through activities and events
- Promote communication between faculty, parents and students
Throughout the year, you will see the Culkin Booster Club create enrichment and educational activities to support our dancers and their families. Activities include:
- Workshops for dancers and parents: sports fitness and skills, parent information and welcome sessions.
- Mentoring program
- Communication resources: Booster Facebook page, webpage, bulletin board, e-newsletter, and written materials.
- Costumes and costume resources: school headbands and shawls, used dress sale/exchange, wigs/makeup consultations.
- Fundraisers: the sole purpose is to provide support for the dancers and to promote school unity.
- School-wide events: equally important to the student’s enjoyment of dancing, is the establishment of friendships among the dancers, and learning to support each other and work as a team. The Booster Club promotes the spirit of “team” within the Culkin Community through social events, a Holiday Ceili, and End of the Year Ceili.
- School Spirit Wear: The Culkin Booster Club coordinates the ordering and delivery of Spirit Wear through-out the year and manages the on-line store.