Second Hand Sale, Saturday, September 30, 2017
WHEN? Saturday, September 30! Everyone is welcome to buy and sell dance gear, new and old!
NEW THIS YEAR: It will be run as a consignment sale.
TIME AND PLACE? The sale will take place from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm Saturday, September 30 at Hughes United Methodist Church, Silver Spring, in the main Hall.
- No more multiple checks needed- all payments will go to the Culkin Booster Club. Cash or checks only accepted. Sorry, no credit cards.
- We will also be taking reservations for NEW School dresses- both beginner costumes (we have some in stock for sizing) and school dresses, and orders for wigs and buns for all dancers, beginner – champion levels.
- NEW Spirit Wear Orders can be placed, too. There will be online orders as well as group-only orders. This includes jerseys, bags, track suits, etc., – lots of great new items!
- Used shoes and old style dresses, as well as accessories and spirit wear, will be available for a GREAT price. Beginners looking for shoes and information should come on by and have a look and ask our helpful volunteers anything you would like to know about Irish Dancing!
2016/17 Successful Events!
- Thank you all for the wonderful support of our many events this past year! Our St. Patrick’s Day “Culkin Celtic Rhythm” in February was a HUGE success! We were thrilled at the popularity of our first run of this event and are confident that it will become an annual event! Our audience was ‘wowed‘ by the talent that took the stage and confirmed the need for such a performance in our area! We were able to include many talented musicians and dancers; including Mitch Fanning and the Bog Band, Tina Eck & Keith Carr (LILT) with Jim Stickley, Culkin LIVE dancers and of course our very own Culkin dancers! Please keep your eyes open for a list of our 2017-18 events calendar!
- We also want to thank everyone for the support of the Christmas Ceili, in December, which was just a ton of fun! This was only the second year holding this event and the attendance and support of this event nearly tripled! Thank you again to the wonderfully talented Mitch Fanning and the Bog Band for coming out to play fabulous traditional Irish music for our dancers!! We are incredibly excited about next year’s Christmas Ceili!
- OTHER SUCCESSFUL events included a Fall Dress & Shoe Exchange, Fundraisers for our dancers which included a paint night, wine tasting, night at Flanagan’s pub and the Limerick Pub and MUCH MORE!
- Most importantly, we instituted a program to help defray the costs of school costumes for active members of the Booster Club!